The Tennessee titans are a run first offense and as well should be. With a stellar offensive line and the top 2 backfields in the league, they can afford to run the ball constantly. That being said, they also have by far the best QB in the league who is 3 years in. Therefor, they can not over spend or pay top dollar for a WR and still be able to spread their money across the board.
Titans Historically do not pay big money for WR. Titans GM Jon Robinson comes from the Patriots who haven’t paid top dollar for WR’s since Randy Moss. The Titans will have to get a WR in the 7 Million a year range and one with the biggest upside. Brandon Cooks and Alshon Jeffery was never gonna happen. They cost to much and chemistry with a QB means a lot and is why Titans never like to pay top dollar for them.
Terrelle Pryor is still available but visiting the Redskins. Talent and budget wise he is a perfect fit for these reasons
- Pryor Would cost around 7Mil a year which is a good #2 salary and he is that at the least.
- He is the receiver that offers the highest possibility especially for the cash.
- He runs a 4.3 40 yet is still large framed. This compliments Richard Mathews.
- On a terrible team and a horrible QB throwing the ball, Pryor still managed to shine.
- Lastly, and most importantly, if chemistry with a QB is that important, then there is a huge advantage to having an X QB as your WR. They speak the same language.
There are only two negatives to Pryor and they are more possibilities than facts.
- He is going into his second year as a WR and everyone knows about him now.
- There are rumors about his ability to get a long with the team. This could be a big issue but is unsubstantiated.
With the positives and negatives considered, sign Pryor to a 7 Mil 1 year deal, draft Mike Williams, and Lattimore, and win the AFC.
Subscribe for Members Segments Coming April 2017